From breathing to blood oxygen, Anesthesiologists and CRNAs monitor a whole range of body functions and vital signs to ensure your health remains in top condition before, during and after any procedures you have in our system. Plus, advances in patient monitoring, improved anesthetic agents and new drug therapies have dramatically reduced the number of complications from anesthesia.
Anesthesiologists and CRNAs use their clinical expertise alongside advanced therapies to ensure the safest care for our patients for a wide variety of surgical procedures, including childbirth.
What is an Anesthesiologist?
Physician anesthesiologists evaluate, monitor and supervise patient care before, during and after surgery. They deliver anesthesia, lead the Anesthesia Care Team and ensure optimal patient safety at all times.
What is a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)?
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs) are advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) who provide anesthesia-related care in many different healthcare settings.
Anesthesiology Services at Ochsner Lafayette General
Anesthesiology at Ochsner Lafayette General offers patient-centered, state-of-the-art medical care in an environment that fosters commitment to safety, quality improvements and best practices.
- As a Level II Trauma Center of Excellence, our flagship facility, Ochsner Lafayette General Medical Center, handles the highest level of trauma in the Acadiana region
- Ochsner Lafayette General’s Anesthesiology Department offers consultations concerning the comprehensive management of all anesthetic care for surgical, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Well-rounded practice also rotates through a community hospital, ambulatory surgery center, ambulatory surgery and an orthopedic hospital
- 16 Physician group with 55 CRNAs
- 95% of cases are medically directed
- Anesthesia provided for trauma, cardiac, general surgery, endocrinology, orthopedics, obstetrics, gynecology, pediatrics, urology, neurology, spine, vascular, interventional radiology, minimally invasive cardiovascular, lung, robotics and plastic reconstructive
- Weeknight in house call covered by in-house nocturnist
- Over 30,000 cases per year. 3,300 Deliveries and over 500 hearts per year
Looking to Begin a Career in Anesthesiology?
Ochsner Lafayette General is a place where world-class care meets world-class culture. Currently, we are looking for full-time anesthesiologists, full-time anesthesiologist (nocturnists) and CRNAs with diverse skill sets to join our team. Our Lafayette General Medical Doctors (LGMD) physician group is seeking full-time, employed BC/BE Anesthesiologists and CRNAs to work in an inpatient setting.
- Comprehensive benefits package offered
- 95% of cases will be medically directed
Ready to Apply?