As the region’s only hospital dedicated to orthopedics, we strive to provide each of our patients with a comprehensive understanding of his or her joint pain treatment options. From pre-operative services to post-surgery needs, our goal is to help our patients achieve the highest quality of life with the least amount of risk.
Unlimited Orthopedic Options. All Under One Roof.
When you choose Lafayette General Orthopedic Hospital, you’re opting for the best in orthopedics. Our diverse team of specialists offers a full range of surgical, diagnostic and rehabilitation services to enhance your healing and keep you active.
- Complete orthopedic diagnostics, lab work and imaging
- Pre-surgical preparation, advising and education
- Streamlined procedures using Mako® Robotic-Arm Assisted Technology
- Critical care via on-site emergency room access
- Physical and occupational therapy, rehabilitation and post-operative follow-ups
- A full range of orthopedic surgeries and procedures
Additionally, we are the only Center of Excellence in the region to have the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval in three joint replacement certifications — knee, hip and shoulder.
Some of the more common specialties are:
- Hip Reconstruction & Knee Reconstruction
- Hip Replacement & Knee Replacement
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Joint Preservation Arthroscopic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Computerized Surgical Navigation Joint Replacement
- Minimally Invasive and Muscle Sparing Surgical Techniques
- Revision of Failed Hip Replacement & Knee Replacement
- Fracture Care
- Hip Resurfacing
- Shoulder Disorders & Shoulder Replacement
- Gender-Specific Knee Replacement
- Advanced Bearing Technology in Hips & Knees
- Alternatives to Traditional Total Hip Arthroplasty & Hip Resurfacing Unicompartmental & Partial Knee Replacement
MAKOplasty® is a patient-specific, robotic arm procedure for partial knee replacement, total knee replacement and total hip replacement. It is designed to relieve pain caused by joint degeneration. By targeting only the damaged part of the knee, your surgeon can repair the knee while sparing healthy bone and ligaments surrounding it. In hip replacement cases, the robotic arm helps provide unprecedented surgical accuracy. This technology is a proven success, with over 37,000 partial knee replacement surgery cases and 5,500 hip replacement surgery cases already performed nationwide, with tremendous outcomes.