Ochsner Acadia General Hospital provides a wide range of services to patients in Acadia parish including:
- Lab Services
- Pain Management
- Surgical Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Pain Management
- Vein Therapy
- Wound Care
- Hyperbaric Medicine
- Physical Medicine
- da Vinci System
Laboratory services at Ochsner Acadia General Hospital provide a full range of diagnostic and screening procedures to assist clinicians in the treatment and care of our patients. The laboratory maintains accreditations through the Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services (CMS/CLIA). With a dedicated team of trained professionals in laboratory medicine and state-of-the-art equipment, our clients have come to expect a level of quality and service that surpasses many other facilities.
Outpatient Hours: 6:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (no weekends or holidays). The outpatient waiting room is located on the 1st floor. The laboratory performs routine testing during normal outpatient hours and emergency testing 24 hours a day 7 days a week
Laboratory and blood draw services are administered by physician referral only. When arriving for lab services, you must first register at the Outpatient Registration desk located on the first floor.
No appointments necessary.
When arriving for outpatient lab services, please remember this important information:
- Wear clothing with loose sleeves
- Bring your physician orders and/or treatment authorization for lab tests to be performed
- Bring your physicians order to registration on the day of your visit
- Bring physicians order to lab for blood collection and/or specimen drop-off
- Arrive 20 minutes prior to your appointment time in order to register
Ochsner Acadia General Hospital offers a full range of radiology services utilizing state-of-the-art equipment, including:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Multi-Slice High Speed CT scan
- Digital Mammography
- Digital Color Flow Ultrasound
- Nuclear Medicine
- Bone Density
This equipment is maintained with the highest standards and all certifications required by American College of Radiology (ACR).
Ochsner Acadia General Hospital employs registered technologists with expertise and certification in their area of service. The technologist participates in continuing education and annually fulfills licensure credentialing requirements.
Ochsner Acadia General Hospital also utilizes state-of-the-art P.A.C.S. (Picture and Archive Communication Systems) to transmit and store images, ensuring referring physicians the ability to view studies and discuss treatment options with patients as needed. For more information, call (337) 783-6584.
Surgical Services of Ochsner Acadia General Hospital provides quality surgical care to patients of all ages. The Surgical Services department has operating rooms for general surgery and endoscopy procedures and a four-bed Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU). Clinical care activities and nursing services within the unit are provided by skilled registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, surgical technologists and trained ancillary personnel. Anesthesia services are provided by a full-time anesthesiologist and certified registered nurse anesthetist.
The Surgeons and Physicians at Ochsner Acadia General Hospital offer, but are not limited to, the following surgical specialties:
- General Surgery, including laparoscopic procedures for hernia repair, gallbladder, appendix, colon resection and fundoplication
- OB/GYN, including C-sections, ablation and laparoscopic hysterectomy and other gynecological procedures utilizing the daVinci Robot
- ENT, including tonsillectomy, ear tube insertion, nasal and facial fracture repair and computer-assisted sinus procedures
- Ophthalmology, including cataract and other procedures of the eyes and eyelids
- Orthopedic, including total joint replacement of knee, hip and shoulder, fracture management and arthroscopic procedures
- Endoscopy, Urology, Peripheral Vascular, Dentistry, Podiatry and Pain Management
Ochsner Acadia General Hospital's Wound Care provides advanced technologies such as wound vacuum-assisted closure, skin substitute treatments, total contact casting, and hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
To request medical records you may visit the "Patient Accounts/Medical Records Department" located in the Main Hall on the 1st floor. The department will be available to accept your request for medical records between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday - Friday.
We are extremely committed to privacy, therefore, you must come sign an authorization and present proper identification. We cannot release medical records information over the phone.
Health Information Management
Ochsner Acadia General Hospital
1305 Crowley Rayne Hwy.
Crowley, LA 70526
Fax: (337) 788-6449