Each orthopedic surgeon at Ochsner Lafayette General understands the importance of being able to live your life without the concern of joint pain.
If you suffer from joint pain including knee pain, hip pain, shoulder pain or pain in your neck, back or ankle, Ochsner Lafayette General is here for you. Our team offers the highest quality orthopedic, sports medicine, and joint replacement services available in Acadiana.
Our Orthopedic Specialties & Services
Every patient is unique and can experience joint pain for different reasons. Each orthopedic surgeon at Ochsner Lafayette General takes the time to fully understand the cause of your joint pain, and to explain every treatment option available to you.
Pain from arthritis and joint degeneration can be constant or come and go, occur with movement or after a period of rest, or be located in one spot or many parts of the body. It is common for patients to try medication and other conservative treatments to treat their joint pain.
If you haven’t experienced adequate joint pain relief with those treatment options, you may be a candidate for surgery. We don’t want you to wait, as it could mean that things are only getting worse. If you’re experiencing knee pain, hip pain, or shoulder pain, schedule an appointment.
Our team of specialists provide the following services:
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Hip Replacement / Reconstruction
- Knee Replacement / Reconstruction
- Joint Preservation Arthroscopic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Shoulder Stabilization Surgery
- ACL Knee Surgery
- Meniscus Surgery
- Computerized Surgical Navigation Joint Replacement
- Minimally Invasive and Muscle Sparing Surgical Techniques
- Revision of Failed Hip Replacement & Knee Replacement
- Fracture Care
- Hip Resurfacing
- Shoulder Disorders & Replacement
- Gender-Specific Knee Replacement
- Advanced Bearing Technology in Hips & Knees
Ochsner Lafayette General also offers a wide range of specialized surgical and non-surgical treatments for joint pain, which include:
- Mako Total Hip Replacement
- Mako Total Knee Replacement
- Mako Partial Knee Replacement
Ochsner Lafayette General is home to Lafayette’s only Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Technology also known as Makoplasty. Makoplasty is a patient-specific, robotic arm procedure for partial knee replacement, total knee replacement and total hip replacement. It is designed to relieve pain caused by joint degeneration.
By targeting only the damaged part of the knee, your orthopedic surgeon can repair the knee while sparing healthy bone and ligaments surrounding it. In hip cases, the robotic arm helps provide unprecedented surgical accuracy. This technology is a proven success, with tremendous outcomes.
For more information about our orthopedic capabilities and to read our orthopedic blog, click below.
Ochsner Lafayette General Orthopedic Microsite
Orthopedic Service Locations
In providing unrivaled orthopedic care, the Ochsner Lafayette General system provides a variety of services at its network of facilities throughout the Acadiana region.
You can access care at the following locations:
- Ochsner Lafayette General Orthopedic Hospital
- Ochsner Lafayette General Surgical Hospital
- Ochsner University Hospital & Clinics
- Ochsner Acadia General Hospital
- Ochsner St. Martin Hospital
- Ochsner Abrom Kaplan Memorial Hospital
Award Winning, Nationally Recognized Orthopedic Program
Certification is an important achievement for a hospital and health system because it demonstrates a commitment to providing a higher standard of care; provides an organizational framework for management; offers a competitive edge in the marketplace; enhances the ability of the hospital to recruit and develop staff; and insurers and other third parties recognize the certifications.
- Ochsner Lafayette General Medical Center is certified by The Joint Commission for Disease-Specific Care for Joint Replacement of the Hip and Knee and Shoulder, giving it the Gold Seal of Approval among Acadiana hospitals. To achieve this certification, Ochsner Lafayette General Medical Center underwent rigorous on-site reviews of compliance with standards of care specific to joint replacement patients. Areas of evaluation included infection prevention and control, leadership and medication management.
- The national survey firm Press Ganey, Inc., places Ochsner Lafayette General Medical Center in the top 1% in the nation for orthopedic patient satisfaction, making it clear that Ochsner Lafayette General Medical Center is the optimal place for orthopedic care. There’s no stronger endorsement of care than the word of our patients.
- WomenCertified® also named Ochsner Lafayette General Medical Center among America’s Best Hospitals for Orthopedics. Earning a Woman’s Choice Award is based on robust criteria that consider female patient satisfaction and what women say they want from a hospital such as quality physician communications, responsiveness of nurses and support staff, cleanliness and trusted referrals from other women.
- HealthGrades™, an independent quality rating company, also recognizes Ochsner Lafayette General Medical Center for providing outstanding orthopedic surgery care.
Our Physicians at Ochsner Lafayette General
The board-certified orthopedic surgeons at Ochsner Lafayette General specialize in diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of orthopedic conditions in both adults and children.
In addition to a skilled clinical team, Ochsner Lafayette General's continuum of services provides a smooth transition from pre-surgery preparation to inpatient recovery. Ochsner Lafayette General offers full-service inpatient orthopedic rehabilitation services, including physical and occupational therapy. We also provide educational resources in partnership with the Own the Bone program by the American Orthopedic Association. Learn how to prevent future fractures and to enjoy better bone health. Ochsner Lafayette General is a part of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons' Joint Registry Program.
Total Joint Replacement Surgery & Program
For patients undergoing total joint replacement surgery, Ochsner Lafayette General offers a total joint Prep Program. This unique program is designed to best prepare patients for total joint replacement surgery.
The first component of the Prep Program consists of obtaining the patient’s medical history, pre-registration to the hospital, and completing any diagnostic work your physician has ordered prior to surgery such as lab work and X-rays. This can be done within 14 days before your surgery.
The second component of the Prep Program involves learning more about the procedure, the hospital experience and the exercises that will help strengthen your body before and after surgery. The program offers weekly classes preparing patients for knee and hip surgery, and handouts are available. For more information about the Prep Program, view our events calendar or call (337) 289-7498.
Get Prepared for Your Total Joint Replacement Surgery
View and print our handouts for pre- and post-surgery instructions. Contact your physician if you have any questions.
- Preparing For Surgery
- Precautions For Hip Replacement Patients
- Exercises For Hip Replacement Patients
- Exercises For Knee Replacement Patients
- Knee and Hip After Surgery Guide and Tips
- Pendulum Exercise
To learn more or to make an appointment, call 337-703-3201.