Deciding whether your illness or injury is a true emergency can be hard when you feel sick or are in pain. While the hospital’s emergency department is prepared for every kind of medical emergency, Ochsner Lafayette General’s Urgent Care Centers are a great place to visit for medical needs that are urgent, but not emergent.
Our urgent care centers provide treatment for common illnesses and minor injuries. While the hospital ER treats patients based on the severity of their conditions, our urgent care centers see patients on a “first come first served” basis, with limited wait time.
Ochsner Lafayette General provides high-quality, walk-in urgent care at these convenient locations
Ochsner Lafayette General Urgent Care at Maurice
Ochsner Lafayette General Urgent Care at River Ranch
Ochsner Lafayette General Urgent Care at Sugar Mill Pond
Ochsner Lafayette General Urgent Care at Ochsner University Hospital & Clinics
Our Urgent Care Centers Are Open Seven Days a Week
Our walk-in centers provide convenient, urgent care during the day, in the evenings and on weekends.
Monday – Friday | 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday | 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday | 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Ochsner Lafayette General Urgent Care at Ochsner University Hospital & Clinics hours:
Monday - Friday | 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday | 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
All locations are closed New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Find Urgent Care Now
Schedule an urgent care arrival time online with Find Urgent Care Now through the MyOchsner portal or MyOchsner mobile app.
Patients scheduling via Find Urgent Care Now do not skip the waiting line, nor will they be seen ahead of individuals in the waiting room or impact others' wait times. Ochsner Urgent Care locations operate on a first come, first serve basis. If there is an influx of patients with high severity emergency conditions, your projected treatment time may be delayed.
When Should You Go to Urgent Care?
- Cough or cold that does not get better in several days
- Cough that gets worse and is accompanied by a fever
- Flu shots and flu testing
- COVID-19 Testing
- Low-grade fevers
- Rash/Skin Irritation
- Minor broken bones and sprains/strains
- Cuts that might need stitches
- Removal of stitches
- Minor burns
- Severe or constant vomiting or diarrhea
- Animal and insect bites
- Upper respiratory infection
- Sore throat
- Pink eye
- Painful urination
* Drive thru COVID-19 testing is available Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. at at 816 Harding St. Please utilize this location for COVID testing.
* Check with your insurance provider for details regarding covered services. Medicaid accepted at Ochsner Lafayette General Urgent Care at Ochsner University Hospital & Clinics only.